Sunday, March 21, 2010

Kirstie Alley's New Show

The previews I saw for Kirstie Alley's Big Life were funny, and I also watched her on Larry King the other night. First off, she's still gorgeous, and very funny.

I know I've mentioned lately that I gained weight, but it's booze and not exercising weight, so it's more like I have a gut, and probably a fat butt, the typical middle fat stuff. My legs and arms are not bad, my tattoos haven't spread, and Kirstie weighed in at 230 on her show, and I can guarantee I don't come close to that amount. But, I was also tinier than her, at 105 for most of my life (being 5'6" tall) and even at age 47, I still weighed in at about 125. The bad part I've experienced is letting the rest of myself go, like not coloring my hair to get rid of the gray, not wearing makeup anymore, stuff like that.

So, watching the show, it helped give me a new feeling about myself. Well, actually before watching the show, just watching the previews, made me start wearing make-up again, leaving the tennis shoes at home and wearing one of my other good shows (I actually have to pairs of Louis Vuitton shoes, which to me are way cooler than having a purse!). Hence, the trip to the optometrist yesterday to finally get my vision in order. I may be fat in my own mind and world, but I'm hardly ugly (laughing) and it's time to work on myself, on the outside. The hardest part is going to limit the drinking. I actually lost 45 lbs. in four months two years ago, but like Kirstie says, man that shit comes back on faster than it takes to come off. Well, for me not really, it took two years to put the 45 pounds back on, so my goal is to lose it again. People don't really relate to me as "fat" anyway, especially since there are lots of clothes that just hide the gut, and I don't look all that big. In fact the picture on my blog was taken only two years ago, before I lost the 45 pounds, so you can see, I don't have the double chin (well, unless I pull my face back in a funny way and take a bad angle picture, but then we all have that ability to take an ugly picture).

One of my treats I'm buying for myself when I get back from Seattle is a Wii. Although I have a great treadmill, and have used it (up until my knee injury, and I cannot do any real exercises until the knee heals), I think it will be fun to do some virtual exercises coupled with my treadmill.

As Tony knows, I was always a workout freak, and of course, took dance regularly until I was 47 (ballet and two jazz classes, all back to back, 3+ hours about three times a week, and then aerobics and weight lifting, both free weights plus I still own a pully weight system, although it is at Linda's house since I have no room for it here in my apartment). With all my years of dance and exercise training, despite my weight, I can still move (other than pirouettes, since I have that bad leg and I tip over, LOL), like I can still do a ballet work out, I still touch my toes with no effort, can do the splits, although not full on anymore. My dream is to get back into dancing, put up a ballet barre in my house again, and do what I used to enjoy doing.

2 comments:

Tony said...

I feel for Kirstie. I also know the yo-yo weight problem. I think the last time I actually saw you in LA in person was 10 years ago this coming Wednesday when I took a few friends to Spago's for my 35th birthday, when I was THIN! I, of course gained it again, and since the heart attack last year I've lost about 50 pounds so far. I'm sure you will get your shit together, one thing we Aries have in common is when we set a goal we achieve it. It wil help with your BP as well.

Carrie said...

Yeah, being an Aries does give you and me an edge in the determination to start part. Taurans tend to have more ability to stay the course, but definitely we Aries can start shit!

And, like you said, losing the weight will help with the BP. In fact, when I lost the weight the first time, my BP medicine was changed to a much lower dosage, with the goal, of course, to be off it forever. Gaining the weight made my BP go back up again, so I had to go back to the original medicine.

All in all, though, aside from my knee, I've always gotten a clean bill of health from my doctors (knocking on wood), including my optometrist that said I show no signs of eye problems like glaucoma, etc. Other than my stigmatism, and of course, being blind (lol), my eyes are really also in good shape!