Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Definitely Bummed Didn't Have Video Camera Today

The winds were really out there today. This, I swear, happened.

Across the street, interspersed between the palm trees, are quite a few maple trees, with that traditional Canadian emblem, the maple leaf.

So, as I was leaving for work today, standing on the corner of La Brea and 6th St., heading south, the winds suddenly picked up dramatically, and like thousands of maple leaves were blown off the trees. They made a little crackling sound as they all hit the street, and they looked like large bugs hopping as they were blown east down 6th St. But, here is where things got weird, and again, I swear it happened.

At La Brea, the leaves all turned south! Yes, nothing went east, the leaves, hundreds upon hundreds of them, turned the fuck south and went down La Brea. I was like "what movie am I watching, and where is my damn video camera?"

First cold night of the year. Not cold enough to turn on heat, just cold enough to not have the air conditioner on, and a few windows open.

No comments: