Tuesday, May 19, 2009

What Book I Read Today

Taking a page out of DJ Rix’s “what I read today/this week/this month,” here is an update on my most recent read.

First off, as I have noted on my blog before, I have this habit of starting a book and then not being able to put it down until it is finished. I can usually polish up a 350 pager in one day.

This book was entitled “Pursuit” by Karen Robards. The book revolved around the death of the wife of the president of the United States, lawyers, FBI, Secret Service agents, Washington elite, and whether the death was an accident or a murder. As I was reading, I could already see the movie, starring Harrison Ford as the Secret Service good guy, and Calista Flockheart as the really tiny lawyer who survived the crash that killed the president’s wife, the driver and another Secret Service agent. The book was fast paced, and you couldn’t really predict the ending. And just a scintilla of romance/sex.

However, since I tend to have the desire to finish off the books when I start them, I’ll have to give myself at least another week to recover from this recent read (especially since I didn’t go to work ... ha ha ha ... and read during the day!)

1 comment:

Bob said...

When I blow through a novel, it usually means the author has a good story competently told but I'm not savoring the writing itself. Just read Elmore Leonard's new novel, 260 pages, short but savory.