Sunday, February 08, 2009

Buffalo Springfield, Revisted (and all who followed thereafter)

I've probably blogged a bit about this band over my three years of blogging ... (soon to be four year anniversary in April).

I wanted to give Dewey his respects, but quite honestly, I, like most, followed the careers of either Neil Young, Steven Stills or Richey Furay.

Me, it was Richie! Plus, his band Poco released a record before Stills did, although Neil just kept plugging along in spite of both of them! And then, there was, of course, Jimmy Messina!

I collected all their hybrids, Poco, CSN, CSNY, Souther, Hillman, Furay, Manassas, Loggins & Messina, and all things Neil Young!

A lot of talent in Buffalo Springfield, and I can say I saw them perform live back in the 1960's.

Crazy Love



Just For Me And You



Unfortunately, it's rare I find S (J.D. Souther), H(Chris Hillman) F (Richie Furay) on YouTube.

Of course, there is a shitload of Steve Stills! Steven. What can I say about him (grins) Just loved his music.



Would put up Love The One You're With, but it seems unavailable on YouTube.

Still some good CSN



and CSNY



I love that this was introduced by David Steinberg, one of my most favorite comics. It was his "Moses" skit that was primarily responsible for the cancellation of the Smother's Brother's show.

And let's not forget the career of Jimmy Messina!

I first saw Loggins & Messina at UCSB in a hall that had the power go out during their session. Who the fuck knew that Kenny would go farther then Jimmy? Oh well!






I'll end this post with classic Neil Young.

Heart of Gold



Old Man



I really was affected by this song back in my young years.


PS, spelled name of guitar is earlier post --- Rickenbacker.

No comments: