Sunday, January 18, 2009

We Shall Be Free - Well, I Guess Not Since HBO Claims To Own The Pre-Inaugural Event

Well, I wasn't going to watch the first of the several televised inaugural events, but after the football game, it was apparent that HBO was going to rebroadcast it without filters to those that don't subscribe to HBO, so I decided to give it a view. To accentuate the "musical" part of the "show," I switched on my two big 24" old school speakers I have had affixed to my television since, what, the 1980's (laughs).

Now I find out that HBO has taken down all the YouTubes of the event, claiming copyright infringement. So, I have removed all of the work I put into this post that went up last night. Fuck HBO.

Freedom? I think not. That makes it a no brainer that I am not watching the rest of the festivities on HBO. I sure hope the ratings suck for HBO's showing.

See AMERICAblog for their take on it.

No comments: