Saturday, May 05, 2007

Live Streaming Of Don Ho Sendoff

I love the internets!

I'm streaming from Waikiki at the Duke Kahanamoku statue, hoping I'll be able to catch some of the celebration sending off Don Ho.

HONOLULU - So many people were expected Saturday for the sunset memorial service on the beach at Waikiki for legendary Hawaiian crooner Don Ho that the city arranged extra buses, parking and traffic control.

As many as 25,000 people were likely to attend, which city officials said would make it one of the largest crowds ever in Waikiki.

It would be very cool if I could enjoy it as it is happening in Hawai'i. I've enjoyed watching the ball drop in Times Square real time, via webcams, and have viewed Mardi Gras in New Orleans as well.

Aloha.

1 comment:

Bob said...

Some touching photos of the afternoon event here.