Friday, April 27, 2007

Happy Second Blogiversary To Me!

Happy Second Blogiversary to me! Two whole years. Damn. The first year, I was totally fired up, especially politically. I was inspired by a lot of political blogs like AMERICAblog, MyDD, DailyKos, The Carpetbagger Report, FDL and Feministe. Especially fun was Feministe's Friday Random Ten, to which I cross-posted my top ten for a good year. But, having a full time job, my time to devote to blogging was limited, and quite frankly, I was surprised I posted as much as I did that first year.

This past year, I've come to realize I did/do not want to expand into a community blog, and I do not want to limit myself being just a political blog. To that end, my inspiration has always been DJ Rix. We're both writers, although I write legal briefs on a regular basis, and he writes prose and poetry. Still, it's writing, and it takes a certain discipline to continue writing.

Before I had this blog, I kept diaries. I have over 20 volumes of written tome from 1980 to the present. In the late 1990's and early 2000, I had a hockey website that I enjoyed overseeing. When blogs became the fashion, I easily migrated to this forum, and have totally enjoyed expressing myself. As I've noted before, I originally thought I would do this blog for a small circle of friends I had been bugging by sending all these political links by email. My motive was to present the links with my little comments in the blog, and my friends could then peruse the blog at their leisure. I have had a handful of regular viewers, but for the most part, I just get hits from referral links usually garnered from a Goggle search. I try to put key words in my titles/headings so that things can be easily tracked.

I love blogging, and I have no intention of stopping or slowing down. I probably will change the format a tad (oh, and did I mention I do NOT like the new Goggle/Blogger/YouTube alliance).

UPDATE: Gotta thank skippy for the props.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

keep up the good work, carrie!

Bob said...

Woo Hoo! Happy blogday.

Anonymous said...

Yes, good work, but we need more nudity.