Sunday, July 02, 2006

"What sustains a government at this point is self-belief."

"This is the time, therefore, to hold firm, to make the right decisions for the country, no matter how difficult ... and to renew not by returning to the past but by showing we have the drive, determination and vision to make the future work," he (Tony Blair) said. "What sustains a government at this point is self-belief."

Boy, that made me laugh and spit up my coffee this morning! (Cleaning the monitor off).

Self-belief! That's the motto of these right wing nut jobs. Who gives a rat's ass about what reality is dictating, right? Just believe in yourself and all is well.

Fuckers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

from one feminist to another: aside from blogging do you involve yourself in policical organizations in Hollywood? If which? hc

Carrie said...

No, I do not. I came of age politically in the 1970's and sort of tuned out in the 1990's. During the Clinton years, I was totally not paying attention to the national scene. Being in California, I also was not too concerned with the encroaching conservatism.

It really wasn't until the one-two punch of GWB being installed as the president and 9/11 occurring simultaneously, that I was invigorated politically.

With a full time job, a daughter in college and a grandson I support, plus blogging, I've had little time to get outside of the box, as they say.