Thursday, January 03, 2013

Let The Firing Begin!

San Diego Chargers President Dean Spanos finally ran out of wiggle room.
Coach Norv Turner and general manager A.J. Smith had to go.

Spanos fired Turner and Smith on Monday after a season of stunning come-from-ahead losses left the Chargers out of the playoffs for the third straight season, not to mention the fan anger that was turning to apathy and leaving thousands of unsold seats at many home games.

Thank goodness.  I let my feelings be known by this post back in November 2008, and I have felt that the Chargers would continue to decline under Norv Turner and A.J. Smith.  Hell, letting LaDainian Tomlinson and Darren Sproles get away seriously pissed me off.

Here's hoping that a new coach will help re-build the team that Turner destroyed. 

1 comment:

Bob said...

Not an NFL fan myself, still, the Jets have been an enjoyable story of chaos & ineptness all season long.