Sunday, August 19, 2012

Wishing A Pregnancy Into The Cornfield, Todd Akin Style

Todd Akin, Missouri’s Republican Senate candidate, sparked controversy with a claim, made in a TV interview posted Sunday, that victims of “legitimate rape” very rarely get pregnant because their bodies prevent them from doing so.

Speaking to Charles Jaco on the Jaco Report on St. Louis’s Fox station, Akin was answering a question about allowing abortions in the case of rape. He said, “If it’s a legitimate rape, the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down.”

Holy shit! Where do these white, old Republican men come up with these beliefs? If a woman can "shut down" a pregnancy, why, oh why, did we come up with birth control? And what the fuck, for the gazilionth time, is a "legitimate rape?" You mean, according to these, again, white, old Republican MEN, there is a LEGITIMATE RAPE?

I'm post menopause, and I believe I can speak for most women, that finally, after having to wonder every FUCKING MONTH OF MY ENTIRE LIFE SINCE PUBERTY HIT, (or after I was having sex, to be more accurate), I do not have to worry if I may be preggers. Try living with that your whole adult life, you morons.

Who knew I could just "will away" my pregnancies, just like wishing people into the "cornfield."

3 comments:

BC said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
BC said...

Just one word...unfuckingbelievable!

Nolan Pitts said...

Lovely blog you havve