Thursday, December 22, 2011

"Where Everybody Knows Your Name"

There are those days that you just want to be at the local watering hole "where everybody knows your name." Today was one of those days.

As soon as I get the text confirming my grandson is on the plane to Los Angeles, I will be able to relax. Nerves got the best of me when I was suddenly confronted with the fact that neither father nor mother had a birth certificate of the kid so he could board the plane (he's flying alone) and it made me mad, especially since I bought the ticket weeks ago and TOLD the mother MAKE SURE DAD HAS THE BIRTH CERTIFICATE. Although the kid was born in Los Angeles and I knew that I could send mom down to the county recorder's office to get a certified copy of the damn birth certificate, I was pissed that they BOTH waited until two days before he was supposed to fly here to suddenly realize neither of them actually had his birth certificate. Dummies.

Anyway, I told the mom to ask the dad how he enrolled the kid in school without a birth certificate, dooooaaah. So, dad was able to get a copy of the birth certificate, and I made mom confirm with the airline that a "copy" was ok. Whew.

So, here's my song for the night, as I had to go to a place to get some comfort!

No comments: