Saturday, December 03, 2011

Christmas Shopping

Usually, by this time, I am completely done with the shopping and the presents are already wrapped and under my tree. I have always enjoyed the visual for the three weeks before it all gets ripped up and then there's nothing under the tree!

This year, however, due to legal bills in the fight over my grandson, I am a little short on extra cash, and have not been able to get the whole shopping done early. It felt weird going out today for the first day of shopping. It wasn't as crowded as I had expected, and I was able to cross off half a dozen people from my list. But, at this rate, I will be shopping as we get too close to Christmas, and the crowds will begin to swell. Fortunately, I don't drive, so I don't have to deal with the drama that is called "parking" during this time of the year.

I also put up the lights and decorations on the tree, and tomorrow, I will wrap the first batch of gifts and put them under the tree.

Brian Setzer Orchestra - The Man With The Bag

No comments: