Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Glee, Gwyneth Paltrow, And Gwen Verdon



Cee Lo's "Fuck You" ("Forget You" for the clean air crowd).

I was definitely anticipating tonight's "Glee" since Gwyneth Paltrow was performing. I've known Paltrow could sing since 2000 when I saw her perform in the movie "Duets" (which, by the way, is one hell of a movie, trust me -- go rent it and watch it). I love playing some of her songs for people and asking them to name the artist because NO one guesses it's her!

This song was not performed IN the movie, but it played over the credits. Just about everyone was able to identify the male singer (Baby Face) but NO ONE ever figured out it was Paltrow.



Her dance scene with Lea Michele doing "Nowadays" from "Chicago" was rather interesting.



And I certainly enjoyed the ending mashup of "Singing In The Rain" and Rihanna’s “Umbrella" which was pretty damn inspiring, as far as mashups go.



Here's Chita Rivera and Gwen Verdon (who was 50 or so at the time of this airing in 1975) on Mike Douglas' show. Gwen was married to Bob Fosse for a long period of time, and she pretty much channeled Fosse.



Gwen Verdon has always been my dance idol. Those legs ... sheesh!

No comments: