Sunday, September 26, 2010

New Karaoke Machine For The Grandson



So, I bought Zaire a karaoke machine for his birthday. Here it is on top of the box it came in (because it was difficult for me to read stuff on the machine while "sitting" on the floor). I have yet to decide where to put it. Zaire tried it but he really didn't know the songs that were part of the two CD's I bought. Although we watched Camp Rock 2 two times, he still didn't really know the songs. The "chick" hot tunes disc (Katy Perry, Lady Gaga, Beyonce, etc.) I was more familiar with (laughs). I am currently looking for a program to create CD-G's which are different from CD-R's or CD-RW's. The "G" format allows the words to appear on the screen. Otherwise, it's just an over sized MP3 player where you just sing over the original song. The karaoke machine WILL play regular CD's so one can sing exactly to the songs, but the sound sort of over shadows the volume of the microphone ... or maybe Zaire is not singing loud enough!

I do have to buy the second microphone so that duets can be sung with the machine. All in all, for under 60 bucks (for the machine, not counting the karaoke CD's) it was not a bad birthday present.

As for his first singing class (which, like I already mentioned that none of the parents could attend), all I could get out of Zaire was that they did the scales (vocally), to find every one's range (four girls, two guys in the class), and then the teacher started to teach them as a group to sing Elvis Presley's "Hound Dog."

No comments: