Monday, July 19, 2010

More On Stupid People

With all due respect, I don't want the average American running my government. As Jon Stewart once said (and I paraphrase): I want my president to be smarter than me. I remember one poll, a few months back, showing that only 6% or so of the American people believed that the stimulus created any jobs. As CBO showed, the 94% were wrong. So I'm sure that those of us who believed the stimulus created jobs were out of step with the mainstream of American opinion. We were also right.

I want DC populated with people who are smarter than the rest of the country. Only in America do we worship at the altar of dumb (e.g., Sarah Palin), and look with distrust on those who are smarter than us.
Posted by John at AMERICAblog.

Hey, John, it's the stupid people's world right now! No matter what we do, we just can't get any smart people to run this government of ours. Hell, we all thought the guy currently in the White House was sure darn smart. But, his policies are equally as stupid as his predecessor's were.

Go figure.

No comments: