Saturday, May 01, 2010

Zaire's Blog

Zaire and I were on the bus Friday after I picked him up for the weekend. Usually, we both like to sit at the back of the bus ... the people are generally more "colorful" there. One guy was "braiding" tiny pieces of three color ribbons into bracelets and handing them out. So, of course, conversations ensued.

Zaire and I made up "business" cards with our blog address and stuff on them. Zaire hands the guy who made the bracelets his card, the guy reads it and then looks at Zaire and says, incredulously, "you have a blog?" Zaire, proudly, says, yup!



Here's my card.



Sorry for the bad quality photo!!!!!

2 comments:

Arno said...

I love the last line of your website business card blurb.
I don't generally comment on personal stuff, but it looks like you have a bunch of talented and beautiful young folks around you. That is a blessing.

Carrie said...

Yeah, and those are just the children of my family members that are my age. When I was growing up, the parents (my cousins) and I were also singing, dancing and performing. And then our parents! My aunt did television, movies and plays, my uncle drummed for just about everyone (although most of the years I was living there he worked for Vic Damone, and living in Burbank, he was on call whenever Johnny Carson's drummer couldn't make it -- or any of the other variety shows that used live bands, for that matter). My father played trombone, but, then again, I didn't know him during my youth. Only my mother opted out of the game. My boyfriends, and my first husband, all played professionally in the music business (from drums to guitars). Even Sean's dad (mentioned in a post or two above) was a film editor ...

So, it is sort of cool that I was surrounded most of my life by talented people who made a living in show business.