Sunday, May 23, 2010

A Birthday Bash Tonight!

I went to a good friend's 60th birthday party tonight. Man, it was a bash, and I am going to be hard pressed to beat it in spectacularness.

Anyway, it was a fabulous bunch. I knew the birthday girl since 1984 and we cross paths in our business world (although, she's always invited to our office Christmas parties!)

I met lots of people that I didn't really know, despite "hearing" about them from time to time, so it was night to put a face to a name, so to speak.

At our dinner seating, which was not prearranged, on my right was seated a lady that was raised (maybe born there, I forget) in Hawai'i. And she studied ballet ... how coincidental!

I actually wore this bracelet that was my mothers which she bought in Hawai'i in the 1960's, made up of indigenous beans and nuts. Nice to be seated next to someone that enjoyed the aloha spirit ... and could hula, too!

Nice video, Uluwehi Gerrero and Pual Liliehua.




Then Chubby Checkers" "The Twist" came on. I was channeling Jane Krakowski!. I've spent over an hour trying to find (again) the video of her and Chubby Checker doing the twist on" Alley McBeal." Hey, you hit a dry spell now and then!

(cough, cough, exhaling ...) Um, and yeah, some of us took a break (tee hee hee) Pass the dutchie on the left hand side (grins).

No comments: