Thursday, November 16, 2006

"Mr. Leavitt Finds It Too Difficult To 'Develop A Plan That Would Satisfy The Needs Of A Broad Range Of Consumers"

(Peripheral gripe: This "consumer" labeling business bugs me. These are taxpaying citizens who have supported the medical care of previous generations and now it's their turn. I don't consider myself a "consumer" of this country's highways or IRS services even though I use them and the term may be technically correct. I know it doesn't fit the current fa-la-la paradigm from the CEO president, but there is more depth to both the responsibilities and benefits of citizenship than can be reduced to "producing" or "consuming," and frankly I can't wait until the executive branch is staffed by people who understand the distinctions between consumership and citizenship.)

Good take. Read the rest of the post here.

No comments: