Friday, August 29, 2008

Another Friday Night In L.A.



These are plumeria flowers, and it is rare to see them in Los Angeles. I first saw them as a teenager in Hawai'i, where they are abundant, and where they are the number one flower used to make the traditional lei. However, they are not considered the state flower. The plumeria blossoms are very fragrant, and last as long as a gardenia with respect to smell. I could not believe I saw this little tree right on my block walking home today!

The critical mass bike riders gathered again this evening. I did not have my camera with me, only my cell phone camera. When I posted this video last month on YouTube, my bus came before the bikers took off. Tonight, however, the bikers took off just before my bus came. Man, oh man, what a sight. Hundreds of bicycles taking up all three lanes on Wilshire Blvd. heading west, where they all turned left on Crenshaw. It was an awesome sight.



1 comment:

Bob said...

Lovely. I watched some of the Marlon Brando "Mutiny On the Bounty" last night. The beautiful Tahitian women had leis glued over their breasts. & the love scenes between Marlon & Tarita - hehe, no acting there.