Sunday, May 18, 2008

It's Garth Brooks' Night!



I'm watching the Academy of Country Music Awards tonight because Garth will be doing a medly of his greatest hits, while receiving the Crystal Milestone Award! (Nice tribute from Billy Joel, btw).

I remember when I first heard Garth on the radio, in 1989. I recognized immediately that this guy was going to be a superstar, and I was bugging all of my then hair band rock star friends to listen to him! (Of course, when Shania came along, it wasn't hard to get my rocker friends to come on board the country bandwagon!) Although "Friends In Low Places" won Garth his first award, it was "Unanswered Prayers" that stole my heart as a fan of Garth.

I know he's happy in his retirement and marriage with Trisha, but damn, I miss his voice and his rock and roll country style.

You rock, Garth!

P.S., my new Fave Band is Sugarland!

No comments: