Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Hello? Is Anybody Out There?

I've been on a sort of self-imposed sabatical from blogging.

The events subsequent to Katrina's destruction of New Orleans has dismayed me to such an extent I have nothing to say. All the blogs, as well as some M$M have been all over the negligence of this administration, and I found I had nothing further, or more poignant, to post.

I'm distraught, and much too full of pain and anger to put my thoughts out coherently, without drawing attention from either the looney squad, or Bush's death squad.

So, light posting over the next couple of weeks, as I sort out my feelings.

3 comments:

Bob said...

Wondering where you've been. But it's a good time to become reacquainted with great New Awlins rock & roll.

Red Green said...

Yeah, I noticed a distinct drop in output, wondered why. We all have our own way of dealing with this incomprehensible world we live in. I read your blog and other things to try to understand what's going on. On the other hand, I also need to retreat a bit from things and my blog is as opposite from yours as you could get. That's how I deal with the pressure of the world.... I spend my free time photographing and writing about stuff of NO SUBSTANCE. Doesn't necessarily help things in general, but it helps take the pressure off me....
I'll keep tabs on the Bar and Grill and hope to see you more active if it works out. Carlo

Muddz said...

Hello Carrie, sorry for delay in acknowledging the message you left on June 26 but I, too, have had an 'intermission'.
I think your blogs are wonderful and I share your values and your pain. Carlos is correct - we each adopt measures which help to cushion the impacts of the real world - be they acts of nature or incomprehensible human cruelty. For myself, I cope with the horror through the love and fun our cats provide and through the pleasure of achievement expressed by my ceramics students.
My very best wishes
Muddz