Thursday, April 04, 2013

A Phone Call Answered

I had not heard from, seen, or spoken to, my grandson, since July of 2012.  I have been locked out of all communication, by my daughter.

In an effort to bridge the gap, I reached out to my daughter a few times these past couple of weeks.  I knew Zaire was here for the spring break, and was hoping to at least talk to him.  My daughter just blew me off.

Then, I thought about contacting the father directly.  So, I called him on Wednesday.  I was prepared to defend myself in a number of ways, but to my surprise, he greeted my telephone call with an apology for not having Zaire call me!  To say I was stunned is an understatement.  I just took it all in, and I called today like I was told to do, and Zaire answered the phone!  We both screamed!  Seriously, we did, like two old friends who had not talked to one another for ages!  I was so overwhelmed by his reaction to finally talking with me after seven months.  I am so elated.  I don't know what brought about the father's change of heart, but trust me, I am going to go with it and get all that I can from it.

Happy birthday to me (on April 9, but celebrating early, amen!)

2 comments:

Arno said...

Wonderful! I hope you are able to stay in touch with Zaire more often now. Good news.

Tony said...

I am so happy for you Carrie. A grandparent should never be cut out of a child's life. Wasted time can never be retrieved, it's just gone. Enjoy every moment with your grandson, he is the best medicine for you.