Monday, January 07, 2013

"California Gold" ... Going To Miss You, Huell

I watched Huell Howser's California Gold series religiously.  I used to try to figure out which areas he highlighted, I knew about.  Most of the time, I found myself on the short end of the stick.  Still, there were a lot of places he showcased that I could seriously say I knew of that way back when.


In 20 years of traversing the state for his program "California Gold," Huell Howser took his viewers to the Mojave Desert to learn the story of the world's tallest and oldest Joshua tree, to the Eastside of L.A. to explore the history of mariachi and to the small Kern County town of Wasco to see and smell acres and acres of rosebushes.

 I can't believe this precious soul is gone at age 67.  That's seven years for me ... damn.

No comments: