Wednesday, January 09, 2013

Alex Jones, Conspiratorial Idiot, Loses It Over Guns

Why is it that when it comes to guns and gun control, the conversation disintegrates into stupid and stupider?  I remember sometime back in the 1980's, I actually stopped being friends with this guy that, despite his outer presence of passivity, was a full blown second amendment gun rights blow hard.  Yeah, I do base continuing friendships on whether my belief system is compatible with the other person.  I lost it when he kept on repeating the mantra "bullets don't kill people, people kill people."  I yelled at him to get out of my fucking house, and that was the last time I ever spoke to him.  And he was a fun guy to be with, and we were even lovers at one point in time during out five year relationship.  Another one bites the dust over my hard stance.  But, I digress.

As if being a lunatic about guns isn't enough, this past week's episode on the Piers Morgan show had to take the cake for the most absurd train wreck of an individual ever.

The long version:



The shorter version:

 

This man is totally nuts and seriously unhinged.  Jon Stewart did a fantastic segment that actually put the crazies into perspective.



"So this isn't really about the constution ... it's about how periously close some people in this country feel they're living to a tyrant's rule.

Holy shit!  No one's taking away all the guns.  But now I get it.  Now I see what's happening.  So this is what it is.  Their paranoid fear of a possible dystopic future prevents us from addressing our actual dystopic present.  ... because a few of us remain vigilant of the rise of an imaginary Hitler"

As the CNN headline reads:

  Alex Jones may be the king of conspiracy
Conspiracies abound, Alex Jones will tell you.

Bankers pull the strings on world governments to solidify their power. Companies are harming you and ducking responsibility. Antidepressants are "suicide mass murder pills." President Barack Obama is using drones against Americans.

And the collapse of the World Trade Center towers on September 11, 2001, was engineered by the government.

Now, he's attacking CNN host Piers Morgan, depicting the British native of being a "red coat" out to step on Americans' rights and calling for his deportation.

No comments: