Monday, August 27, 2012

More Stupid Republican Talking Points About Rape - Now It's Just Like Having A Baby Out Of Wedlock

To continue with the theme of this post I made earlier, here's another Republican idiot, comparing "rape" to getting pregnant "out of wedlock." Can someone just line these guys up and snip their testicles off? Another post courtesy of Think Progress.

MARK SCOLFORO, ASSOCIATED PRESS: How would you tell a daughter or a granddaughter who, God forbid, would be the victim of a rape, to keep the child against her own will? Do you have a way to explain that?

SMITH: I lived something similar to that with my own family. She chose life, and I commend her for that. She knew my views. But, fortunately for me, I didn’t have to.. she chose they way I thought. No don’t get me wrong, it wasn’t rape.

SCOLFORO: Similar how?

SMITH: Uh, having a baby out of wedlock.

SCOLFORO: That’s similar to rape?

SMITH: No, no, no, but… put yourself in a father’s situation, yes. It is similar. But, back to the original, I’m pro-life, period.


No comments: