Sunday, February 19, 2012

The Funeral Of Whitney

I admit that I was stuck on pause all day yesterday after spending approximately three hours watching the funeral of Whitney Houston in the morning (it started at 9 a.m. PST). There was great, great singing by Pastor Marvin and the rest of the Winan family (Ronald, Carvin and Michael, CeCe and BeBe), Alecia Keys, Stevie Wonder, etc. There was a great tribute by Kevin Costner and anecdotes about the movie he made with Whitney (The Bodyguard - which interestingly enough, I had never seen, but since it was on rotation on television yesterday, I actually watched it for the first time), and a whole host of other tributes from Clive Davis to Ricky Minor (her music director, responsible for the famous half-time national anthem song sung by Ms. Houston). I cried like a pathetic baby all through the funeral, and on/off for most of the day. I was useless.

The only version I could find.

No comments: