Sunday, October 09, 2011

Off To Chicago

I leave at midnight and arrive about 6 a.m. tomorrow in Chicago. I am staying one day (the day my grandson has off from school). My daughter is there for her "one week" visitation. Our hearing keeps getting tossed around, but for now, is set for November 1, 2011. In the meantime, we both will see Zaire, go to the Baha'i temple in Wilmette, and if we have time, check out OccupyChicago (although my daughter told me they went there already!)

I can't wait to see my grandson! I haven't flown in 11 years, so this will be a new experience for me. I was told to put as much as I could that I was taking on the plane in see through plastic bags. Since I'm basically staying only one night, I'm bringing my purse and a really, really, tiny little bag with a change of clothes! Of course, I have all my phone and battery chargers! I am traveling light, and will be asleep (hopefully) for most of the plane trip. I come home Tuesday, and since it's an hour and a half from O'Hare to the motel where my daughter is staying (cost me close to a grand to pay for it, but it's two blocks from where Zaire lives, so I had to go for it), I may not get much time, if any, to see the grandkid on Tuesday, since my plane leaves around 7 p.m. I'm nervous as hell and already have had three valium! I'll have a few drinks before I leave, and maybe one at the bar at the airport, and then hope I can just fall asleep. I'll post when I get back.

Love ya all !!!!

2 comments:

Tony said...

Safe travels. Enjoy your time with Zaire.

Bob said...

You're way uptown.