Monday, July 18, 2011

Ok, I Do Have One Thing To Say About Chutzpah!

Shootspa. Dude, if you can't say it, don't use it!



Here's a funny piece about chutzpah.



Speaking of chutzpah, about 20 years ago, one of my lawyer friends and I did a legal brief using about as many Yiddish words as were recognized for writing in law. It started out based on a brief filed by opposing counsel likening a theory we had about the case to having "chutzpah." Now, my friend, being Israeli (hence knowing Hebrew and its slang counterpart Yiddish) plus me being Jewish by osmosis (don't ask!), we decided to write the brief, and it was hysterical ... except for the fact that the judge was black, and pretty much, not Jewish, so for all that work, it was lost on just about everyone else except us. I wish I could find it, but alas, it appears to have gone the way of floppy disks, as in "gone, but not forgotten."

No comments: