Wednesday, May 04, 2011

So, Cinco de Mayo ...

The cousin's kids are playing in the Bakersfield area. They put up a video they made and edited. Didn't impress me, but it did make me think about the years I lived in the San Joaquin Valley ...

Streets Of Bakersfield (You all know who performed on this!)


More "Flaco Jimenez" courtesy of The Mavericks


How I got to Manassas, I don't know, but whatever (maybe it was just next to the "M's" in my music list, LOL!



Hey, I'm gonna get wasted tomorrow at my regular bar ... Cinco de Mayo, tequila, beer, yippee!

4 comments:

Arno said...

Oh, ya! I heard it on the X...
I grew up listening to Mex-and-SW country from the masterblaster stations on my little radio. Stills fits in to that, he did too.
BMIT!

Carrie said...

Yeah, good old school tex-mex or tejano music. Gotta love the accordian. Check out Flaco Jimenez on Wikipedia. You'll be surprised at what bands he played with during "our" teenage and later years!

Carrie said...

BTW, I had fun at my local watering hole yesterday, and definitely got a tad drunk (even missed my bus stop on the way home, LOL). But I did not like the margaritas, so after one, I switched to Bloody Mary's -- tastier and more filling, with less calories too! Even the bartender bought me a drink. And introduced me to an older man that she said used to play with Harry James, and it turned out he knew my uncle Sid, as well as other musicians in my family and friends. That was cool! It's nice to walk into a bar where everyone knows your name (ha ha, now where have I heard that before?)

Arno said...

You brought up Flaco awhile back, and though vaguely familiar with him, I did some looking, and yes, he was everywhere.
That's got to be so great to meet people who knew your uncle!