Monday, November 01, 2010

Ok, So The Giants Won The Pennant (Now Where Did I LAST Hear That?)

Ronald Martinez/Getty Images

So ... the Giants won the pennant.

I have to admit after I saw Bush the other night, and my memories of what he did to that team as an owner (basically bankrupted it thanks to his "I can take this land" mentality, which unfortunately, after costly litigation the owners of the land he took got to be compensated by the then owners of the Rangers, not to mention the city), I had second thoughts about rooting for the Rangers. So, I became a closet rooter for San Francisco, and used my dear, departed uncle, a consummate Giants fan from the old days in New York, as the excuse!

Nice work, winning your first since 1954 (polishing off my memories of L.A.'s last win, in 1988).

1 comment:

Arno said...

Good for th' G'ints. I'm hard-wired for the National League, even if it's the Dodgers, Mets, or Philly. ;)