Thursday, November 18, 2010

DWTS, As If!

Bumped from earlier post.

First off, I am not a regular viewer of DWTS. I'm more a purist, and watch SYTYCD. But I am aware of the show, and admit that I have seen an episode or two over the years. Last season I watched because of Pamela Anderson's participation (LOL-tittie fascination), and this year, I had to watch based on Jennifer Grey's participation (because of a pre-show tidbit about her "channeling" Patrick Swayze), and found out Bristol Palin was on the dance list. I'm still scratching my head trying to figure out how Bristol makes the "stars" category of "dancing with the" part of the program.

I can't believe the judges' fawning over Bristol Palin on tonight's show. This is supposed to be Dancing With The FUCKING Stars, not Dancing With People In The News, Even If Just Periperhally.

I don't care to comment on her dancing, because, to me, that is not the issue. I will acknowledge the hard work I know she's gone through being a dancer myself. Still, the issue to me is, should she have even been considered for a role on this dancing television reality show? What defines a "star" would be the first question. And, while I will admit that Bristol's mother has managed to rise to the lower level of the star totem pole as a "candidate" for the "vice presidency" of the United States of America, does that make her relatives stars? Bristol? What the hell has she done to be a star, in any term that can be used to define a star. What, are relatives of famous people now going to be used for Dancing With The Stars?

Bristol just has to be voted off soon. If this was a Fox show, I could call it. But this is ABC/Disney (still right wing owned, but less "in your face" than Fox). The clear top two are Brandy and Jennifer Grey.

UPDATE: Ok, so Bristol over Brandy? There's definitely some hanky-panky going on with this voting thing. Hmmmm, seems like every time there is a Republican .... voting gets tampered with .... hmmmmm.

Just saying!

No comments: