Wednesday, November 03, 2010

California Fared Well, I Suppose

Things did not change much here in California, which is why I was so apathetic regarding voting. It's not as if my liberal vote was going to counter any conservative vote; there are already many more liberals in California than conservatives. With that said, it is kind of cool to have Jerry Brown, AGAIN, as our governor, especially since he's probably the first governor that I actually liked. And he was dating Linda Ronstadt at the time, as well! He gave up the mansion and the private limo, opted for some cheap car to drive around in, brought us into the new age with solar energy and his drive for conservation. I am also enjoying how much of Meg Whitman's own personal funds were used to finance her rather awful campaign. Since she cheated her co-workers and shareholders when she was a "business woman," I'd say those that she cheated probably feel a little bit better now that she went ahead and wasted millions and millions of dollars! Yeah! Also, that scary-eyed Carly Fiorina (does she have a floating eye or am I just seeing things?) also spent millions of her own money just to lose by double digits to Barbara Boxer. Even now, Fiorina won't finally concedes the loss. What a dildo.

I can't tall you how many times in California the legalize pot measure has been before us, and it always goes down in flames. I don't understand, especially given how many millions of us Californians smoke the stuff! And, as I had already predicted, Prop 23 never stood a prayer's chance in hell of prevailing, and I am glad the Koch brothers and other similarly large energy companies lost a ton of money on that blood sucking bill.

On the national side, I am seriously sorry to see Alan Grayson was defeated. To me, he was one of the more progressive politicians we ever had in Washington, and his presence will be sorely missed. However, now that the nutjobs have gained some ground in Washington, it will be an interesting side show for the next two years. Americans probably elected the stupidest group of collective politicians that will attempt to either run or ruin this country over the next two years. I project more violence, more gibberish, more uncivility in the chambers, and possibly more invasions of middle eastern countries because, you know, we are Americans and we can do what we like, nanner nanner!

And at least half of the Blue Dog Democrats did not survive the vote, which brings a smile to my face. I mean, come on, if you are a DINO, then let's just give the job to the Rethug. At least you know what to expect, right?

So, how did some of you fare in your state?

1 comment:

Arno said...

All my candidates lost, and...

"I got a rock." --- Charlie Brown

Ah, well.