Monday, August 16, 2010

Obama's In Town

I couldn't figure out why there was so much traffic going home after work. In fact, the bus made a detour, and it took twice as long to get home. All of Hancock Park area was detoured, and as my bus which usually goes down Wilshire Blvd. was traveling down Third Street, I saw no less than thirty cop cars, and about five media trucks with their satellite dishes. I had no clue until I got home and turned on a news radio program that gave traffic updates every twenty minutes. The traffic reporter, who is usually in the air in her helicopter, indicated that ALL helicopter traffic was banned -- because of Obama's entourage. The ban was in effect until 9 a.m. tomorrow. Apparently he is making his way across town from his appearance earlier in Century City, and he must be heading to somewhere in Hancock Park, since that was where all the detour signs were and where all the cops and reporters where camped out.

So, the President will be only a few blocks away from my home. Hmmmmmm.

No comments: