Saturday, June 12, 2010

Will Post Tomorrow, Got Tons To Say

I have a lot of posting I'll try to get up tomorrow. Watched the England/USA soccer game, and am glad to come away with a tie.

I hope Arno is ok, and no one he knows was in the area where the flooding occurred.

Went out to a club with the daughter last night. Decided not to see second show, and thought I could take the bus home (it was only 10:15 p.m.) but didn't know my bus home (2.5 miles) was running only every hour (because it has to navigate Hollywood Blvd., so at night, they cut the route) and I didn't know it, not generally taking the bus home. I ended up walking the 2.5 miles. Got home around 11:15 p.m., not too bad for an old broad with bad knees!

Peace, Out!

2 comments:

Arno said...

I assume you're referring to the Arkansas flooding...I'm in N. Georgia, so I wasn't affected, nor do I know anyone out there. Thanks for the concern, Carrie, just the same!
BTW, Gia's song is really good! I hope he wins the contract.

Carrie said...

That's good to know, although, your ISP comes up as from Little Rock, so that's why I assumed the Arkansas connection.

As for Gia, he's getting quite a few hits, but since he only submitted his song a few days before submissions closed, he's up against challengers that have had their songs on for thirty or more days. Although he's near 15,000 hits, there are a few that have over 300,000 hits. So, we're just glad so many people are getting to hear him (he is in the studio anyway - at his home - putting together an LP on his own). With so many indies out there, it's not too difficult to get your stuff heard without the "contract" from the "big" company. Not to mention that many "big company" artists never get their stuff played anyway. In the music industry, a hit or a miss is happenstance.