Friday, May 28, 2010

RIP Gary Coleman

When I came back to Los Angeles after a short stint living in Lake Oswego, Oregon (a suburb of Portland), I went to work for an entertainment litigator, and we represented both Dana Plato and Gary Coleman in their bid to become emancipated (meaning becoming adults before they were 18). Because both of them actually fit the qualifications to be emancipated, we did, in fact, get that done. I truly do not remember meeting either Dana or Gary (just remember all the typing back then, pre-computer and having to use carbon copy paper, no xerox copiers!)

I did enjoy the show when it was on the air, though, I have to admit. Coleman's character was hilarious especially when he uttered his famous catch phrase.

It was sad to see him as a grown up, though. In fact, all of the Different Strokes kids had problems, and now two of the three of them are dead.

Sad.

UPDATE: Off Broadway's Avenue Q to pay tribute to Gary this next Friday.

No comments: