Saturday, May 01, 2010

Movies And A Trip To The Cemetery

I took my grandson to see "How To Train Your Dragon." It was my first 3D movie since the days of those orange/blue paper glasses back in the "old days." My, oh my, today's 3D is certainly NOT your grandma's 3D (LOL)! Now I am pissed I didn't see Avatar in the theater, thinking (erroneously) that there would not be a real difference from the flat picture and the 3D version. WRONG. Oh well. Even the previews for the new 3D Shrek movie was fabulous.

After the movie, which was pretty good, by the way, I took Zaire to the cemetery I wish to be buried in (if I can afford it by then!). I used to work in Westwood in the Avco Theater building, and behind it is a cemetery (I think it's called Westwood Cemetery, but honestly, I can't remember its name). But for the two years I worked in the building, every day, Monday through Friday, me and one of the other ladies would take about 15 minutes during our lunch break to hang out there and smoke a doobie. I got to know the place quite well, and lots of famous people are buried there, including Marilyn Monroe. I took these pictures and am putting them up. Many of them are of people that have died way past when I worked there (back in the 1980's). My friend, Chrissy's mom, is buried there. As you can see by the pictures, it is a rather unique cemetery, buried deep in the city, not far away from mainstream traffic at all (how can it be, at the corner of Wilshire Blvd. and Glendon Ave.)
















No comments: