Wednesday, January 14, 2009

"Oh No He Di’in’t!"

From the Poorman, posted by curv3ball, regarding Ehud Olmert's gloating over having stated: “I said -- Get me President Bush on the phone. They said he was in the middle of giving a speech in Philadelphia. I said I didn’t care: I need to talk to him now. He got off the podium and spoke to me.” Thereafter, Olmert claims to have told Bush that the U.S. could not vote for the resolution by the UN Security Council calling for an immediate ceasefire in the three-week-old conflict in the Gaza Strip and an Israeli withdrawal from Gaza, which order Bush dutifully followed:

Actually, it reveals the depths of our mutually destructive and utterly dysfunctional relationship with Israel - the land whose government is beyond reproach. Such that it’s leaders can yank a chain and pull our President off the podium, instruct him to publicly humiliate his Secretary of State by pulling the rug out from under her and then, get this, brag about it openly days later. Without consequences.

Without consequences.

No comments: