Monday, November 03, 2008

Gas Prices Drop Below $3.00 For Regular In CA

Gas literally went under $3.00 per gallon for regular today. I'll do a more in depth post about prices after the election, but I have to put forth my belief that this may not be the same situation as I had asserted earlier, i.e., the 2006 election, where prices went down over a dollar right before the election, and started rising back up the day after -- and past the dollar it had dropped going up to the high of $4.72 (in California) as of the July 4th weekend this year.

That means that gas dropped over a four month period a total of $1.73! That is amazing, and since I have not heard one peep from the Republican party (as opposed to all the claims made during the 2006 election) that they were/are responsible for said drop, I may have to go with option number two -- that (1) Americans are in fact, driving less, and (2) the price has dropped on it's own and not due to any politics being played by either party.

Like I said, more on this after the election.

No comments: