Thursday, October 02, 2008

Someone Get Me A Barf Bag, Gwen Ifill Is Making Me Ill

I just could not stand one more minute of the VP debate. Gov. Palin is an idiot, and Gwen Ifill is an even bigger idiot. At what point are you going to ask Palin to actually answer the question, instead of changing the topic. Ifill is a terrible moderator, and simply does not understand the format of what a "debate" is. She cuts of both Palin and Biden, switches subjects, and doesn't call out either side when they don't answer the fucking question. This is not a talking points free for all, this is supposed to be a debate.

Where is Jim Lehrer when you need him. Now he knew how to moderate and handle a debate. Ifill is horrible, just awful. And with all of Palin's coaching, couldn't someone at least tell her it's pronounced nookLEar, not nookUler.

I'm switching to the baseball playoffs. Go Dodgers!!!!!!!!

8 comments:

Bob said...

Go Dodgers, indeed. You hope for a split when you open in the opponent's park. They outscored the Cubbies 17-5 at Wrigley. They want to finish it on Saturday night & relax for a few days.

Carlo said...

Hey, barkeep, you got a Guinness for a dry throat??? Long time, no see.... I was listening to some news on the radio and I thought I heard your name as the reporter. Am I wacked or are you doing news?

Be easy on me, I'm from Wisconsin, ya know.....

I gotta go, Carlo

Carrie said...

Hey, Carlo, good to see ya! (sliding a tall cold Guinness his way). And, no, I'm not doing the news, you're just wacked!

Carrie said...

Bob, game three, at home, gotta bring the broom!

Anonymous said...

A big shout out to all ya'll nucular weapon holders out there! God bless ya, ya'll are all mavericks!

Carlo said...

Hmmm.... maybe you're not doing news on the radio, but I get the bulk of any news commentary I can stand from your bar and grill. O.K., maybe SNL, too. I just watched the vp debate tonight cause I could not stand to watch the real one. Yes, please, another Guinness.....

Carrie said...

Bob, Zaire actually cried tonight when the Cubs lost! I had to console him telling him, "grandma has cried often over the Chargers." He's now fallen asleep on my couch, after sobbing for about a half an hour. Well, his dad does live in Chicago, but still, I just cannot understand his attachment to that team. He's only six, for God's sake!

Carrie said...

Carlo,(refilling the draft of Guinness) gotta give props to Tina Fey for "nailing it," so to speak (grins).