Saturday, September 27, 2008

Cruising The Tattoo Convention




I took my grandson to the tattoo convention here in Los Angeles today. It wasn't like the old ones back in the 1980's and early 1990's, I have to admit. It was just a bunch of booths set up end to end selling overly expensive wares, and probably about a hundred artists doing tatts. I really was not all that impressed, but, given the fact that I have six tatts (four courtesy of the famous Greg James), and my daughter has two, I thought Zaire could use a little look at what tattooing is all about.

While walking around, I found this fun tattoo kit that uses eraseable ink, so I bought it for Zaire. His mother will probably have loads of fun putting on cool tatts -- and not those silly little "lick em and stick em" type usually available for kids.

Then we came across Victor de Los Angeles' booth, and he offered to draw a cool tatt, for free, on Zaire! Who could resist THAT?

Today, Zaire was the coolest kid on the block!

No comments: