Wednesday, January 10, 2007

More Pissing In The Wind

I feel for the Iraqis, don't get me wrong --- but I can't help but believe that sending billions more into "reconstruction" at this point is akin to flushing it down the toilet. In fact, what I'm hearing today is that they plan to put the money into the hands of commanders on the ground to "hire" Iraqis --- which sounds to me as if we are going to start directly funding various sides in the civil war who will spend the money on arms and bombs to kill Americans and each other.


My sentiments as well. In fact, what it appears to me is that we actually had to bribe the Iraqi officials through this "relief" money, so that they will, in turn, hold their noses and say they want more American soldiers on Iraqi soil. Anyone insane enough to believe, in light of all the reports the past couple of years, that giving money directly to those on the ground (Iraqi OR American) is anything other than pissing in the wind, needs to be surgically seperated from the kool aid dispenser.

No comments: