Saturday, January 13, 2007

Condi, Condi, Condi ... You KNOW Better

Once again, consider exactly what Boxer said:

“Now, the issue is who pays the price. Who pays the price? I’m not going to pay a personal price. My kids are too old and my grandchild is too young. You’re not going to pay a particular price, as I understand it, with an immediate family. So who pays the price? The American military and their families. And I just want to bring us back to that fact.”

During the hearing, Rice began to respond about her personal losses, saying, “I can never do anything to replace any of those lost men and women in uniform, or the diplomats, some of whom…” Boxer cut her off. “Madam Secretary, please, I know you feel terrible about it. That’s not the point. I was making the case as to who pays the price for your decisions.”

This wasn’t about Rice’s personal life. Rice knows it, Tony Snow knows it, anyone who actually bothers to read and/or listen to what was said knows it.

But desperate times call for desperate cynicism and dishonesty. I wish I could say I’m surprised.


'Nuff said.

No comments: