Sunday, January 08, 2006

Reflecting

I started this blog in April of 2005.

I used to read lots of interesting articles in different newspapers and whatnot, and I would put the links to the stories, along with my personal comments, in e-mails to my friends.

I figured my friends were probably not opening up my mail anymore, after about a year of this behavior, so I initially began blogging as a way to give my friends an opportunity to read what I was sending them by e-mail, without the hassle of the e-mail.

What happened along the way was that most of my friends do not read my blog. I’ve received close to 4,000 hits, and rarely have these hits come from any of my friends!

How funny is that?

1 comment:

Bob said...

Not funny at all. Neither is it unexpected. Imagine that happening with a weekly radio show or newspaper column. The blogs with the most "friend" participation are the chatty ones about what happened at work & what the kids are doing.