Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Another "Statistic" Resulting From Bush's Closing Of VA Hospitals

As exhausted as I am right now, and while hoping to sneak in a few hours of R&R on the road, it's shit like this that reminds me-- all too often -- why it's so important to continue doing what I'm doing here. As much as I'd rather be doing almost anything else.

While the rest of the "media" -- the likes of O'Reilly and his despicable ilk -- are out spinning and apologizing for and making a political game out of this abomination of the American ideal...An ideal twisted and tortured and now embodied by the unAmerican Bush Adminstration and their facilitating accomplices of death, destruction and mayhem in Congress and the Rightwing Media Echo Chamber...I'm reminded why it's important to keep at it, no matter how exhausting, and just how very grateful I am to those of you who -- against all odds, and to no end of frustration -- continue to support what we do here, and continue to do everything within your power to make sure the rest of the country takes notice of what is happening in this country during these years of shame.

Thank you all for that.

One day, we will restore the balance of sanity to this great nation. I also pray, however, that once we do, we may "Never Forget" what has gone on here and who it is that must, one day...somehow...be held accountable.

May God Bless America.
Brad Blog usually covers the Diebold debacle, but this post above was in response to the recent suicide of an Iraq veteran despondent over the closing of a VA facility near him that was the only one that treated veterans for PTSD.

Read more here.

Hey Brad:

I just got confirmation from the Police Department that Douglas did indeed commit suicide yesterday. Apparently, it happened with police officers on the spot trying to talk him out of if.

The officer I just spoke to said Douglas took his gun, fired one shot, and killed himself. He said he was the officer in charge of the investigation. I asked him what kind of an investigation was done when someone took their own life. He said they'd like to find out the circumstances surrounding it and perhaps why it happened.

I told him that when Douglas did the interview on my show, he said that he'd been diagnosed with PTSD, and was having trouble getting help from the VA. That seemed to pique his interest and he then asked me if I had that interview on tape. I told him it was archived on my web site. He asked if I could send him a link to the interview, which I just did. Here's the link...

Absolutely, you you have my permission to use this interview along with the email I received in any way it will help get the truth out. I really hate these people, Brad. I really do. Take care.

Doug


No comments: